Today is the Student Staff Conference on the Future of Learning, 10.00 – 3.00, in the MAB. Full Programme available here Student Staff Conference details The themes are to generate discussions around the use of technology in HE and showcase the research by Karin Crawford and Dan Bishop around re-imagining ‘Subject Committee Meetings’. Professor Scott Davidson, DVC Teaching Quality and the Student Experience, will open the event at 10.00 in the Jackson Lecture Theatre and I’m leading one of the parallel discussions at 11.00 (in MB1013) around digital literacies in particular the use of social media.
During the session, I’ll be referring to the documents below (with some copies to give away). I’ve also included the presentation slides.
- Marc Prensky (2001) Digital Natives Digital Immigrants http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/prensky%20-%20digital%20natives,%20digital%20immigrants%20-%20part1.pdf
- Nicholas Carr (2008) Is Google Making us Stupid? http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/306868/
- CIBER Report; British Library Research into the internet searching behaviour of young people http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/research/ciber/downloads/
- SCONUL Seven Pillars of Information Literacy through a digital literacy lens http://www.sconul.ac.uk/tags/7-pillars
- Digital Literacies: Learning Futures Presentation slides Student Conference February 2013