Not a web tool as such but still indicative of a Web 2.0 environment eg featuring user generated content and based on the philosophy that the more it’s used then the better it gets – this is BookCrossing.
Described as the world’s biggest book club, this is an way of not only swapping books but also tracking where they go and who is reading them. It’s easy.
- Sign up for an BookCrossing account at http://www.bookcrossing.com/
- Find the nearest BookCrossing zone
- Register the book you’re going to give away
- Download a free label, fill in the details and stick it in the book
- Send the book out into the wild
- Sit back and wait….